Wednesday, June 18

Osaze Didn’t Play To My Instructions – Keshi Roars

Attackers Ahmed Musa and Emmanuel Emenike who played full 90 minutes without impressing or scoring a goal did not get Stephen Keshi’s open reprimand, but Osaze Odemwingie who substituted Ramon Azeez in the mid second half has been blamed by Keshi for not playing to his instructions.



The same reason kept Ike Uche who scored 16 La Liga goals out of Keshi’s list.

Speaking after the match against Iran, Keshi said Osaze was busy doing something different from what he instructed him to do before entering the pitch.

With Eagles failing to find the back of Iran’s net, Osaze was sent in to get a goal. “Osaze did not play to my instructions; it was not what I sent him to do on the field that he was doing.

When he came in he was busy doing something else. I told them to be patient,
create the chances and get the goal but they were desperate and anxiety set in.

They needed to be calm but they were not. During training the Eagles decided that they will end the game in 20 or 25 minutes.

So, when the goals were not coming they got anxious and frustrated.

But the role I gave Osaze was not what he played when he entered and I am not happy because we could not finish up the game with a win.

“Iran came with a game plan which was to sit back and they achieved their aim. I knew Iran would come with a strategy to frustrate us and I told my players to expect that but my players were not patient,” Keshi said.

Source: Leadership

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...