Tuesday, June 24

How I won Ekiti Election - Ayo Fayose Explained!

53yrs Ayodele Fayose, the Ekiti Governo-elect who was
governor of Ekiti from 29 May 2003 to 16 October 2006 before he was removed from office by the former president Obasanjo administration, has explained the secret behind his success in the June 21 governorship election in Ekiti State.



Even though many of us still believe that the bags of rice he distributed before the election won for him! However, contrary to the thought of the people, the Governor elect has started his home work as far back. His strategic way of leaving with the poor people and earning their support won the election.

The election was free and fair! In fact, the incumbent governor Kayode Fayemi called Ayo Fayose to concede defeat and congratulate him. What a good development in Nigeria Democracy!

Defeating sitting Governor is not easy in any election, Ayo Fayose, yesterday, in a sit down with some journalists Ekiti State, tell his story and revealed to the whole world how he managed to defeat a sitting governor, Fayemi.

"It is the Lord’s doing. I want to recall that my removal in 2006 remains a mystery to the common man on the streets but they never left me for a day, they believed in me. I want to equally let you know that I was left with the people without money, eight years in the wilderness.

My charge to every politician is to target the poor people. They will not come and ask you for contracts, all they want is to have their lives improved, to which they believe I have an answer.
I do things a governor is expected to do.
For me, I am a grassroots man and because of the way I operate with them, they call me Senior Advocate of the Masses. So, I want to continue that trend, I want to identify with them continuously. I will not leave them.

So, the strategy is, when you are voted into power, don’t forget that 4 years is a short time.

What lesson(s) can you learn from Ayo Fayose victory and what advice do you have for the politicians from his victory?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...