Monday, November 25

Jonathan returns from London stronger, thanks Nigerians for support.



President Goodluck Jonathan, on sunday, returned to the country looking stronger than he left and thanked Nigerians for their love and support during his trip to London, UK.


It will be recalled that Jonathan, who spent the first 2days of his visit in London hospital could only attend the summit on the third day of his visit.

He however thanked Nigerians for their patience and confirmed to have received the report from the 3-man-panel mandated to investigate the role of embattled minister of aviation, Stella Oduah on the procurement of armoured vehicles and to determine whether the process complied with due process. He also promised to have a meeting with the group of seven governors who are estranged from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP this week.

Speaking to the journalists: “I had health challenges. I thank God and I thank Nigerians for the concern they showed. I appreciate the show of love and concern by Nigerians.
“On Wednesday, even though I was in London, I read how people congratulated me, remem-bering my birthday that I don’t normally celebrate anyway.
“I really had some health challenges and I have to thank God again that I am very okay to resume work from this night (yesterday).
“The most important thing is that I am back. You will expect that when you are holding a political office as the president of a country, anything that affects you attracts a lot of attention.
“If the President is sick, this alone will definitely cause apprehension even if you don’t know the ailment.”
On meeting with G-7 govs
 
The President said: “I believe within the week we will be able to meet. Politics is about discussion. We belong to the same political party.
“Even people from different political parties engaged in political discussion and political discussion is a continuous process.
“Even during elections people discuss. So we will continue to discuss.”

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...